Born in 1979 in Barcelona (Spain)
Researcher ID: B-7832-2014 ORCID : 0000-0002-6018-3115 ResearchGate
Main areas of research
In the beginning, my research focused on environmental heterogeneous catalysis, including the design and synthesis of the materials, followed by detailed characterization and testing of catalytic kinetics. After PhD I moved on to surface science related with catalysis. Especially I focused on in situ operando spectroscopic studies (XAFS, ATR-FTIR) of catalysts under realistic working conditions. After my maternity break, I concentrated on uniform and well defined systems of gold nanoclusters, exploring their chiral and physical and chemical properties. Since my stay at the TU-Wien my main focus in on the development of new metal clusters on surfaces for catalytic applications between others. Tuneable properties are develop by varying the atomic number as well as the metal nature composition. Different functionalization is performed by ligand exchange reactions on cluster immobilized on different kind of surfaces and studied by different spectroscopic techniques. Their catalytic properties are investigated by operando studies in order to correlate them with the cluster structure evolution
Keywords: Heterogeneous Catalysis, Chirality, Ligands, Metal clusters, Surface Science, Spectroscopy (in situ XAFS, ATR-FTIR, XPS).
Description of academic career
2016-present Dr. University Assistant (Habilitation) at the Institute of Materials Chemistry, TU Wien
2015-2016 Cover maternity leave Ass.Prof. K.F. Institute of Materials Chemistry, TU Wien
2013-2015 Marie Heim-Vögtlin Senior Postdoc (SNSF) in Bürgi Group at the University of Geneva (Switzerland)
2012-2013 Maternity break
2012-2012 Postdoctoral Fellow at the Bürgi Group in University of Geneva(Switzerland)
2010-2012 IEF Marie Curie Postdoc at the Institute of Materials Chemistry, TU Wien
2009-2010 Postdoctoral Fellow at the (MACS) Institute Charles Gehardt / CNRS / Ecole Normal Montpellier (France)
2004-2009 Research stays: 2010-2011 ICIQ, Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (Spain); 2008 Centacat, Queen’s University Belfast (UK); 2006- 2008 Vienna University of Technology (Austria), 2007 CICBiomagune(Spain).
2009 PhD in Chemical Engineering (Dr.rer.nat)
Excellent Cum Laude
Heterogeneous Catalysis Group, DEQ University Rovira i Virgili, Tarragona (Spain) Advisor: Prof. Francesc Medina and Dr. Anton Dafinov Thesis: Selective hydrogenation catalysts for environmental processes: nitrate and chloro-compounds removal
2006 DEA, Advance Education Degree (Msc.) </stron
Heterogeneous Catalysis Group, DEQ
University Rovira i Virgili, Tarragona (Spain)
Advisor: Prof. Francesc Medina and Dr. Anton Dafinov
Thesis: Catalytic reduction of nitrates using a three-phase continuous reactor
2004 B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering Chemical Engineering Faculty, DEQ University Rovira i Virgili, Tarragona (Spain) Final Project: Design of n-Butanol process plant, Advisor: Dr. Chillida (BASF)
Academic and Professional Prizes / Recognition
2017 PCCP-RSC Best Poster Presentation Europacat, Florence (Italy) 2015 Best Poster Presentation ISMPC-15, Yamanashi (Japan) 2013 Marie Heim-Vögtlin Grant from Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) 2011 PhD Thesis award SECAT 2009 from Spanish Catalysis Society (SECAT) 2010 IEF Marie Curie Scholarship 2010 PhD Thesis award from Rovira i Virgili University 2008 FP6 Mobility Scholarship to Centacat centre, Queens University Belfast, UK 2007 Best Oral Communication SECAT’07 (Spanish catalysis society meeting) 2006 Environmental Award of Catalonia government, R&D (AMIC) 2005 Best Enterprising Idea, Consell Social, Rovira i Virgili University
Peer Review Activities
· Chair committee for the ISMPC-17: International Symposium on Monolayer Protected Clusters (14-17 August 2017, Monte Veritas, Switzerland).
· 2015 Evaluator of scientific projects for Research Foundation Flanders (FWO).
· Since 2014 PhD dissertation jury and evaluator for the University Rovira i Virgili (Spain) and University of Geneva (Switzerland).
· Since 2009 Referee in international scientific journals (RSC, ACS, Elselvier, Wiley): Advanced Materials, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics (PCCP), Journal of Physical Chemistry C (JPCC), RSC Advances, Catal.Science&Techn., J.Catal., Appl.Cat.B., Appl.Cat.A., Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, Catal.Today, Catal.Letters, Catal. Comm., Reaction Kinetics, Mechanisms and Catalysis, Applied Surface Science, J.Chemical Physics, J.Chem.Engineering, Chemical Engineering Journal, …
International cooperation partners
- Prof. Yuichi Negishi, Tokyo University of Science, Tokyo (Japan)
- Prof. Hannu Hakkinen, Nanoscience Center of the University of Jyväskylä (Finland)
- Prof. Thomas Buergi, University of Geneva (Switzerland)
- Dr. Olga Safonova, Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI-SLS) (Switzerland)
- Dr. Davide Ferri, Paul Scherrer Institute (Switzerland)
- Prof. Jordi Llorca, Institute of Energy Technologies, UPC, Barcelona (Spain)
- Dr. Atsushi Urakawa, ICIQ, Tarragona (Spain)
- Prof. Fernando Rey y Prof. Eduardo A. Palomares, ITQ-Valencia (Spain)
- Dr. Jacinto Sá , Uppsala University (Sweden)
- Prof. Metta Chareonpanich, Kasetsart University, Bangkok (Thailand)
28 publications in refereed international journals (PhD 2009), 8 peer-reviewed conference proceedings, 6 invited talks (3 institute’s seminars, 1 keynote, 1 Gordon Conference, 1 hot topic), 16 oral communications and 26 poster contributions at international conferences. More than 500 citations in international journals, getting an h-index of 13.
Papers in Refereed Scientific Journals 28 / h-index (google Scholar) 14
Total Citations number 764 / h-index (web of Science) 13
# Citations of the most cited paper 136 / i-10 index 19
*** Web of Science & Google Scholar